Re: Topband: CY9C

To: TopBand <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CY9C
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 14:30:50 -0600
We ran both phone and CW, both with amps (~1 kw) simultaneously on 160m
during the RAC contests.  Also did that on all the other bands too. SSB was
1845 and CW was 1825 (we never op on a multiple of a 10 khz MW IMD
product). Separation was perhaps a wavelength.  No special filters or
anything were used. Interference was minimal, often more due to mixing
products from all the other combinations of transmitters.   I felt the
radios (we used all ICOM 756PROx) with their clean outputs were
instrumental in accomplishing this.  I'm not sure more modern radios would
allow that.