3 versus 4 guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 3 versus 4 guys
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 10:26:17 -0400
Recently while going through the ROHN brochure, I noticed that the =
series of foldover towers made by ROHN, both 25 and 45 use a guying =
method of 4 sets of guys rather than three.  This method of guying calls =
for guy anchors to be set at 30' from the base for a 72' tower which =
means that the real estate needed to put up a guyed tower is reduced =
somewhat from the traditional 3 guy approach.

I wonder if anyone has had experience with using 4 sets of guys rather =
than 3 or, better yet, does anyone know of a reference for such things.

I ask because I just purchased 150' of Rohn 45 and the installation =
would be much easier if I can justify using the 4 guy approach over the =
3 guy approach.

Thanks,

Natan , W6XR/2
Ithaca NY