3 versus 4 guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 3 versus 4 guys
From: sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 96 10:19:27 cst
Four guys over three guys are a legitimate choice. As you noted it does
save real estate. However it will put more worst case down load on the
tower, so it is a trade off. The other thing is the guys come down steeper
so you will have less turning room for any mid tower mounted antennas.

At a 150 foot for Rohn 45, this is not a tower that will suffice a simple
analysis with a hugh factor of safety and run with it. I would strongly
suggest you get some professional engineering help.

de n0yvy steve