Cold Temps & Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Cold Temps & Guys
From: wayne@campnet.nb.ca (Wayne Alexander)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 14:02:34 -0400 (AST)
On Tue, 24 Dec 1996 K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> >Is the shrinkage of the tower factored into the figures below???
> >
>      Jeez, there's a question.  No, tower shrinkage is not included.  For
> practical purposes, I think the shrinkage of a tower 12 inches to 3 feet
> across the face isn't big enough to worry about.  You have my permission to
> worry about it though - hi.
>
> 73,  Steve  K7LXC
>
>     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies and services for amateurs

   I think most people would think of length, unless of course it's made
of wood.

   If the guys and tower were made of the same material,  the
cooeficient of expansion of course would be the same.  The guys are
longer and would contract more but don't forget the tower will get
shorter with temperature drop.

73, Wayne VE9ST
D. Wayne Alexander         1 506 752 2290               Server Administrator
Wilson's Beach           waynea@campnet.nb.ca               [ CampNet ]
New Brunswick                                            Wilson's Beach, NB
E0G 3L0                                                   Canada   E0G 3L0