[Fwd: Re: HAM-type rotors and connectors]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: HAM-type rotors and connectors]
From: hires@rust.net (Floyd Soo, W8RO)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 00:37:20 -0800

--------------619F15C63B54

Gang,

I just wanted to say that I use the same connector for my Ham III, and it
IS great!
Floyd Soo, W8RO
President, HI-RES Communications, Inc.
Net Manager and Board Member, Collins Collectors Association
QRP-L #392
hires@rust.net
http://www.rust.net/~hires

--------------619F15C63B54

From: "n4si" <n4si@mail.techinter.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 01:18:52 +0000
Subject: Re: HAM-type rotors and connectors
Sender: owner-towertalk@akorn.net

As long as we're on the subject of HAM (CDE) style rotors, let me
expound on the greatest improvement since their invention: C.A.T.S.'s
Quick Disconnect modification. For the paltry sum of $15 (or so) you
get a QD weatherproof connector assembly with 8 sets of gold pins and
sockets.

It is about a half hour installation (the rotor has to come down, and
the cable probably should, too; those pins are really small), but the
next time you have to pull the rotor, you will want to kiss Craig.
Well, maybe not, I've met him at Dayton.

Those terminal strips (what an apt title!) were never designed for
outdoor use