HAM-type rotors and connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: HAM-type rotors and connectors
From: n4si@techinter.com (n4si)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 01:18:52 +0000
As long as we're on the subject of HAM (CDE) style rotors, let me
expound on the greatest improvement since their invention: C.A.T.S.'s
Quick Disconnect modification. For the paltry sum of $15 (or so) you
get a QD weatherproof connector assembly with 8 sets of gold pins and
sockets.

It is about a half hour installation (the rotor has to come down, and
the cable probably should, too; those pins are really small), but the
next time you have to pull the rotor, you will want to kiss Craig.
Well, maybe not, I've met him at Dayton.

Those terminal strips (what an apt title!) were never designed for
outdoor use