Question on 1:1 Baluns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Question on 1:1 Baluns
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 13:31:56 -0600
Dear Luis,  Good questions.  And sorry I didn't make myself clearer from
my earlier post.

You can either strip off the cover and wind them tight on the torroid or
leave it on.  Either way works.  BUT if you take the cover off put it in
a WX-Proof enclosure so you don't get water in it.  Also do not touch
the shields together on adjacent windings.  For 14-30Mhz 5-6 turns will
be fine.  For 1.8-30mhz use 10 turns.

Happy balun-ing.

Jay, WX0B