[TowerTalk] Need Help With Bow Launching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Help With Bow Launching
From: RWeissman@cognizantcorp.com (Weissman, Robert E. (Westport))
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 08:23:25 -0400
I'll add my two cents on 'Game Tracker' and other brands available.
There is no question in my mind that this was really designed by a ham
who came up with 'game tracking' as an alternative use ONLY so he could
get his company to manufacture it!

The big advantage of this stuff is that it is designed to unspool from
it's cartridge holder with the minimum of drag.  I have found, over the
years, that this often makes a BIG difference in distance an arrow,
sinker, or golf ball with small screw eye (my personal favorite) will
travel.  The line is usually flourescent (easy to see) and cheap enough
so you dont feel bad in throwing away the stuff that has payed out (it's
not reusable).  It is also quite strong, although i generally use it to
back haul the light line that ultimately is used to pull up the final
guy line.

Although I first came across this stuff in a Walmart, it is reliably
found in stores that cater to bow hunters.

Enjoy!

73 de Bob, W1CKT

P.S.  The reason I use a golf ball is that I find that it is less likely
to get hung up in branches, etc. than anything else.