[TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!
From: dave@egh.com (David Clemons)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:52:22 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

        I think some of you guys are really trying to make Frank's "annual
element rotation" job harder than it needs to be.  Instead of adding to
his yearly work of swapping/rotating elements in some manner, why don't you
just tell him to make his towers 100 feet higher?  (Higher is better,
isn't it?)  Then when the antennas blow down every year, he can put up
new antennas with new shiny aluminum - unencrusted with bird droppings and
unscarred by electrons.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

p.s. Of course this will also cause his scores to reach new heights.
     Maybe that's why you won't share this idea with him.  Well, I
     don't mind saying that I'm not afraid of his signal getting stronger.
     (I'll just stay 15 khz away from it instead of the normal 10...  :-) )