[TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi
From: k4sb@worldnet.att.net (Ed Sleight)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 03:15:00 -0700
I'd just like to "hear that sucker play", but if you wanted the absolute
max gain from an antenna, I believe the ARRL credits that one to the
Hadley "fishbone".

I do remember from many years back a W6 who almost tore my receiver
apart on 10 meters. He was using a L O N G yagi built on Rohn 25 as
the boom, but had a little "single rail track so he could rotate the
whole thing.

Also, if you're quoting "curtain" antennas, specify which curtain you're
talking about....there are probably a dozen different ones.

And one last thing; I am wondering why the fellow used a boom system
instead of just mounting each element on an individual pole. Seems it
sure would be easier..hope CQ runs a long! article on it.

73

Ed