[TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (Steve Narducci)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:48:51 -0500
 and thus stacking it on the top will impose less stress on the mast.

 the added height is more important on 40 than on 10 ... relative to
 wavelength.  On a 100' tower, the TH-7 may already be "too high" on
 10 meters (ca. 3 wavelenghts) where the 2-el 40 is only 3/4 wave up.

Well, now that I stirred up the hornets nest, the reports are somewhat
mixed on which
is best.  But the majority seem to favor the beam for directivity and gain.
Most seemed to like having "both" antennas for different arrival angles.
I see that most guys like to have 8 to 10 ft of spacing for the cushcraft 2
element on
40 meters.  Anyone know if the force 12 2 element would be any different
for stacking
below a hygain 5 element th5 ?  yea, I want to put it below the tribander
instead of
taking that back down and putting it back up again to have the tribander
below the
40 meter yagi.  One more, has anyone ever tried adding 12/17 meter elements
inside
a 2 element liket the force 12 without screwing anything up?  Mast distance
for me
is critical since I have 6061-t6 1.5" schedule 40 mast here.  I don't know
just how
much this 1.9" od aluminum mast can handle in 90 mph winds.  Boy this tower
talk
is goooooood stuff......Steve