[TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:32:41 -0600
A friend, Jeff, N5MNW, who is not a Towertalk subscriber (but may be
soon) has need of some info on roof-mounting a 20' Rohn 25G tower,
topped with a KT34A.  He is having his roof re-done and can have the
carpenter add bracing as needed.  His current plans are to have a
"saddle" attached to the peak, to mount a standard Rohn base plate.
With such a short tower and guywires, I expect this might be fine,
though I did inform him about the Rohn roof-mounts for flat and peaked
roofs from the catalog.  I pointed him to the towertalk archives, since
there were some threads on mounting and bracing for "roof-towers" (three
or four-legged Hazer or Create-type "towers"), and his tower is so small
I thought these posts might be appropriate.  If anyone has any other
advice for Jeff on mounting and/or bracing requirements, please e-mail
him direct at:
Jeff_Schmidt@aprdlgtr.sps.mot.com

Thanks again and 73
Dave WD5N