[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40 meter Beam ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40 meter Beam ???
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:09:38 -0600
On Wednesday, November 12, 1997 22:43 PM, Kenneth
Mathews[SMTP:wd4cqe@multipro.com] wrote:
<snip>
 We checked the
>antenna today and it did check out fine with a rig and swr meter.
>So eveyone who is close to a broadcast station and uses a MFJ 259 at
>high heights to check your antenna beware, it may not be correct.
<snip>

It doesn't have to be a broadcast station, either.  I was checking
the Johnson Space Center ARC's 2m repeater antenna on the
penthouse roof of the Project Administration building a few months
ago (9+1 stories, 231 feet above ground, great view of Houston and
Galveston, always fun to go up there).  Got really squirrely readings.
Realized the 259 was affected by the transmissions from the site
security folks' repeater about 20 feet away.  I simply waited until
they were quiet for a bit and got my readings.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u