[TowerTalk] Anderson Power Poles

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anderson Power Poles
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:02:47 -0800
I think most folks are familiar with the 30 amp red and black power pole
connectors that are quickly becoming the unofficial standard for equipment
power connections.  If you're not, may ring a bell.

Anyway, one question I've not seen answered with any authority is which
side the red and black connectors should be placed for maximum

In other words, as I look at the front of two red and black connectors,
with the metal tongues at the bottom of the plastic housing, is the
red/positive connector supposed to be on the right or the left?

Is there such a standard?!  Since the construction of the connectors is
such that connectors assembled to the same standard will always
interconnect correctly, it would sure seem reasonable.

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)