[TowerTalk] R7000 SWR Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R7000 SWR Problems
From: billings@nbnet.nb.ca (Tim Billings)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:42:08 -0300
I recently acquired a R-7000 and am having some difficulty in tuning/"pruning"
to desired freq.
I can't seem to lower the SWR below 3+ on 40m/20m and 15. I've adjusted the
sections as required resulting in little to no visible changes in SWR.  (Autek
RF-1 test meter)
I reset the dimensions of the vertical components to the dimensions as
described in the manual and again noted no change in the SWR readings. (Changed
out the coax test lead as well .....no meter reading change.)

Possibilities... ?
1. Antenna too low to the ground? (Currently at 4 feet)
2. Incorrect vertical stub dimensioning? (Saw on another reflector that
original dimensions might be in question...)
3. Bad Traps?
4. Bad matchbox?

Looking for some feedback and comments on the above ...
Thanks
Tim L. Billings
VE9XA