[TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:16:34 -0700
At 7:28 PM -0700 6/8/98, Larry Burke wrote:

>I've assembled a lot of yagis, but always seem to run into the problem of
>getting the elements to line up with each other in a horizontal plane
>parallel with the ground. I'm about to assemble several more. Any tricks of
>the trade out there for getting this right the first time?

Hi, Larry.

I bought an eight foot bubble level from Sears.  First I carefully plumb
the mast and then one of the elements.  From that point, I simply eye-ball
the remeining elements to the plumbed one.

This can result in very accurate and consistent elements.  Just make sure
you reference all of the other elements to the same one you start with.
For example, I usually plumb the reflector and then adjust all the driven
elements and directors to match the reflector.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/