[TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:31:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/98 8:18:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, n3rr@erols.com
writes:

<< Your eyeballing technique will get it to within less than a
 couple degrees of alignment and that's good enough for an antenna that will
10s
 (or 20s) of feet above the ground for "looks" and it will not make even one
 tenth of a dB of difference electrically.

 Bill, N3RR >>

I disagree. You get extra "points" for an aesthetically and geometrically
correct antenna. There's a guy in downtown Reno who has a KT34A installed
upside down. It drives me nuts every time I see it.

Few more nonscientific truisms from my Elmer (W1FZJ).
  o  If it stayed up last winter, it wasn't big enough.
  o  If you can't see it from a major road, it isn't high enough
  o  If it doesn't look loud, it can't be loud.

Tom, K5RC/7
(My KT34A looks loud on top of my 6,400' mountain!)