[TowerTalk] Tower Refurbish Advice ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Refurbish Advice ?
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:36:48 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

I am sending Sam my collection of 25 previous posts on this subject,
dating back up to two years ago.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 06:56:21 -0400 "Sam Hall" <sca00135@mail.wvnet.edu>
writes:

>Hello to all and thanks for reading.
>
>     I am in the process of refurbishing a Rohn 45 foldover tower and
>am
>looking for a little advice from the "pros".  First, I intend to
>sandblast
>the pockets of rust and then repaint.  I need to know the best
>procedure for
>repainting.  What kind of primer ??  What kind of Paint ??  Best
>method to
>apply each ??
>
>     From previous posts, It seems a "Cold Galvanize" top coat is
>acceptable.  Am I correct on this ??  Don't know anything about the
>type of
>primer to use.
>
>     Spraying makes for a neat job but seems like a lot of waste. Also
>wonder if I would get the desired thickness of paint.  Is it better to
>apply
>with a brush or mitt??
>
>     Would greatly appreciate any advice on this project.
>
>                                    Thanks and 73, Sam--K8WVA--
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]