[TowerTalk] Small Lot, Short Tower, Force 12 C-3SS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small Lot, Short Tower, Force 12 C-3SS
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 00:03:46 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-02 23:16:30 EDT, K0QBE@aol.com writes:

> 1.  Has anyone on the reflector used a C-3SS? If so, what are your
>  impressions of the antenna?

     I haven't used one specifically but the Force 12 gain figures show that
the SS performance is within a couple of tenths dB of the C-3. The C-3 did
very well in our tribander comparison test - as well as some bigger antennas -
so I don't know how you can go wrong.

>   2. Has anyone on the reflector modeled the antenna at a height (preferably
> in
>  the vicinity of 40 feet) other than the 74 foot height used by Force 12.

      Our tribander comparison used a height of approximately 50 feet.

>   3. Finally, does anyone on the reflector have an opinion how the C-3SS
> stacks  up against the competition?

      Yes. For the complete story, go to www.championradio.com and order the
tribander test report. It's available now.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Champion Radio Products