[TowerTalk] Small Lot, Short Tower, Force 12 C-3SS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small Lot, Short Tower, Force 12 C-3SS
From: K0QBE@aol.com (K0QBE@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 23:15:15 EDT
Thanks to recent storms and a flying limb from a neighbors tree, I am looking
at replacing my TET 34 tri-band yagi. The limitations are an existing 40 foot
Universal tower with approximately 9 square feet of windload capability and a
40 foot wide lot. Exisiting trees limit the effective turning radius to about
15.5 feet.

I had pretty much decided on the Telex Hy-Gain TH3Mk4 until the new Force 12
catalog arrived today. The Force 12 C-3SS looks like it may fit my criteria.

Questions:

 1.  Has anyone on the reflector used a C-3SS? If so, what are your
impressions of the antenna?
 2. Has anyone on the reflector modeled the antenna at a height (preferably in
the vicinity of 40 feet) other than the 74 foot height used by Force 12.
 3. Finally, does anyone on the reflector have an opinion how the C-3SS stacks
up against the competition?

73,

Jay Bellows, K0QB