[TowerTalk] A question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A question
From: wl7e@silverlink.net (Joe)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 00:20:35 -0700 (PDT)
     One thing to keep in mind when dealing with airports is found in the
listing below. If it is a "private" airport, the FAA rules do not apply. I
made the mistake of going to the FAA before I realized this. I have a
document from the FAA here that states: "not an obstruction under any rules"
but also says "should light the tower." Hmmm. The airport near me is a
private one, not public. Therefore, I will not light my tower.

73,
Joe - WL7E/7

 Sec. 77.2   Definition of terms.

    For the purpose of this part:
    "Airport available for public use" means an airport that is open to the
  general public with or without a prior request to use the airport.