[TowerTalk] FAA stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FAA stuff
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 05:40:21 -0700
Robert W5AJ wrote:
> Another item I found of interest is to call the FAA and ask them what
> they  do if you call in and report your lights are off.

Usually, ( and a 200' tower in the middle of nowhere might not justify
such ) an immediate NOTAM ( Notice to Airmen ) is sent out to all
interested parties. Pilots are required to review these NOTAMs prior
to flight if they pertain to the area of flight. Notams are just items
of general interest...such as a particular nav station off the air,
an air show at a particular location, people jumping out of perfectly
good aircraft....ect.

However, you can bet your booties that lights out on anything much above
that height will go out immediately.

73

Ed