[TowerTalk] TA-33 Feed Point

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-33 Feed Point
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:35:21 -0500
I have been following this thread with interest.  I have a TA-33 at 60 feet
right now with a coil of RG-214.

I wonder how many of the TA-33 users out there have dumped the pig-tail
coaxial feed and mounted a SO-239 or an "N" connector.  On my TA-33, one
side of it is "grounded" to the boom, mast, and tower with a strap. I
always thought that was funny since the rest of the driven element is
insulated.  Why do that?  Well, anyway...I mounted and SO-239 connector on
a piece of angle aluminum....bolted it to the u-bolts on the driven element
and used wires from the SO-239 to the appropriate terminals.

This is much easier to weatherize and is mechanically better...IMHO.  Who
else is doing this or is this SOP?

Lee Buller
k0wa@southwind.net