[TowerTalk] KLM 40M-4 resonant frequency

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M-4 resonant frequency
From: reiska@ven.net (Reinaldo Leandro)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:00:18 -0400
Dear Friends:

At our contest club site YV5A, we are putting up a stack of two, four
elements KLM beams on 40 meters. After assembly the first antenna we tested
it at about 65 feet, and it seems to work OK. The only thing is that being
in South America we will like the beams to resonate at around 7080. The
antenna exhibits the following swr:

6910 3 to 1
6950 2
7000 1.5
7050 1.2
7100 1.18
7150 1.15
7200 1.1
7250 1.2
7300 1.6
7350 2.2
7400 3

As the antenna is a two driven elements, I believe it is not a simple
matter of lengthening those tubing. Any hints that the knowledge people on
this reflector may have also any information on stacking the antennas. The
plan is 125 and 65 feet, not the best height, but that is what we now have.

We also have a couple of six elements for 20 meters and 15 meters that will
be assembled later.

Is there any difference between our antennas and the late fabrication with
the nomination B like 40M-4B? Ours are simply designated.

Thanks very much for your attention

73 es DX from

Reinaldo, YV5AMH