[TowerTalk] Beam Stuck*&%^*#@*

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Stuck*&%^*#@*
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 23:11:19 -0700
Ted:

How much more plain can the crankup manufacturers be?  DON'T CLIMB A
CRANKUP!

I think your best option is to hire a bucket truck to take you up to the
level of the rotator and troubleshoot it from the bucket.  Maybe all you
have to do is loosen the mast hardware and manually rotate the beam so you
can crank down the tower to work on it in the cranked down position.

Many before you have tried to anticipate all that can go wrong when climbing
a crankup.  Some were lucky.  Some were not.  All were stupid . . . but
that's just MY opinion (and the opinion of the crankup makers).

Think about this:  you were not able to anticipate what to do in case of a
stalled rotator.  Why do you think you can now anticipate all the ways a
crankup can "get you"?

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com