[TowerTalk] Beam Stuck*&%^*#@*

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Stuck*&%^*#@*
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:55:22 -0500

>I happen to side with Steve, K7LXC.  I'll climb any crankup that
I have
>blocked. I've climbed nearly fully extended towers, with similar
problems.
>The key is to NEVER place your hands and feet, or fall
restraints into the
>bracing far enough to lose body parts, or lanyards,  if the
cable lets go.

Huh?

You are up on the second or third section of a crankup....the
cable lets go.  What the hell good is it going to do you at all
to have your hands, fingers, feet, and toes OUTSIDE the tower
rungs while the section you are on has a section plummeting
inside and as your section plummets towards the outer base
section?  Where are your hands and feet, then?

Helllllllooooooooooo.......

Kurt, I can't believe you are saying this.

>This happens to require a great deal of strength on the part of
the climber
>and a very good ground person to understand and follow the
climbers
>instructions.

Like "HELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP" ???

And to live to call 911??

>If you are not comfortable, trying to do this on your own, get
the bucket
>truck and make the first priority, blocking the tower, before
you try to
>work on it.
>It is silly to think you are safe in a bucket, without tower
blocking.

But's it's still a hell of a lot safer than climbing the
tower...no matter how clear your hands and feet are of the tower
insides.