[TowerTalk] Beam Stuck/guyed crank-up?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Stuck/guyed crank-up?
From: NX4D@sundial.net (Doug Waller)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 18:33:15 -0400
Hey Mon,

Nobody said anything about cinching those guys down that tight!  Obviously,  the
proposed guys would serve to enhance the climbers sense of security, and stop
the darn thing from swinging to and fro, while he was up there with his
trembling fingers and sweating brow.  Also, letting the tower stop down on
something secure, and using cable and pully pressure mildly, as a backup, would
present no overload to the cable.

I'm just glad its not my hazer stuck up there.  This is where being a ham calls
for courage, and also mebbe a lil toddy, and have wife watching, with cellular
in hand.

g/l,  doug - nx4d