[TowerTalk] Bending rebar

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bending rebar
From: brian_smithson@vds.com (Brian Smithson)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:26:22 -0400
This list is great! I must have gotten 20 responses to my question about
bending and cutting rebar. Here's what I ended up doing.

I got a fresh set of hacksaw blades and had good luck cutting the rebar.
I found that I could cut a little more than half-way and then yank on the
end and it would snap right off.

To get my 90 degree bends, I used the pipe method suggested by
several people on this list. I have two 20' sections of 1.5" black pipe I
use for antenna masts. I wedged one on the ground between the tires
on my truck and slid the rebar into the end up to the mark where I
needed the bend. I slid the other pipe onto the rest of the rebar so that
about 2" was exposed where I wanted the bend. Then I just went to
the other end of the free pipe, picked it up and walked to get the angle
I needed.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks again.

Brian n8wrl