[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:49:17 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/98 6:25:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, K7LXC@aol.com
writes:

<<    This antenna can NOT be tuned on the tower - it needs 100 feet of
 feedline per the manual to make the curves look good. The antenna was mounted
 about six feet below a CC A3WS and twelve feet below a F12 40M dipole.

This close spacing is the reason for pulling the resonance to the low end and
the poor swr on the phone end of the band, as well as the impedence
changes.....

R.E., a hundred feet of coax to "make the curves look good", per the manual,
no less.... words just fail me... jeeeezzzzzz.... P.T. Barnum must have been a
prophet... Tom or Jim, et.. al., one of you guys want to visit this...  I
can't type when I'm on the floor laughing so hard I can't breath...

Denny