[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:01:35 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-28 08:26:17 EDT, tgstewart@pepco.com writes:

> Now I'm confused....why should you need feedline to make the SWR good?

      That's a question for Tom to answer.

>  I also wonder if the other antennas might be affecting your 15 meter
>  SWR...particularly that WARC antenna 6 feet away.  Perhaps 15 is coupling
>  with the 17 meter elements a bit.

       It could be destructive interaction. I didn't turn the A3WS 90 degrees
to see if anything changed. The SWR does go to about 1.2:1 at resonance so I
suspect the DE length more than interaction. It's been my experience that the
SWR deteriorates but the resonance curve remains basically the same when you
start putting antennas closer together.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC