[TowerTalk] Invisible Fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Invisible Fence
From: albraun@socket.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:47:18 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Hopengarten <k1vr@juno.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 3:20 AM

>My backdoor neighbor just installed an "Invisible Fence" (tm)  to contain
>his dog. Does anyone know what frequency this RF system uses?  Power
>output? Does it interfere with ham radio?  Will I interfere with it? (My
>buried radials are within inches of the buried "antenna" creating the
>perimeter.)
>

>Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
>Six Willarch Road
>Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
>permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

I have one of these.  They operate at 500 kHz and have a very low power
transmitter with
the antenna buried in the ground and the receiver in the dog's collar.  The
antenna makes a
perimeter around the area the dog is contained in.  My buried wire runs very
close to my tower
and has never interfered with any of my ham radio activities, nor has my ham
xmtr running a
full gallon ever interfered with the invisible fence.  Should not be a
problem.

73 - Alan NS0B