[TowerTalk] Invisible Fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Invisible Fence
From: albraun@socket.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:14:12 +0100
>But I have heard of Amateur transmissions over-loading the front end of the
>> dog collar and
>> activating it on every transmission. Especially at high power levels.
>>
>> Fido is generally not happy with this scenario.
>>
>> de n0yvy steve

Maybe this happens someplaces.  I have 3 dogs and none of them have ever
yelped when I transmitted.  And I have done a lot of high power operating in
contests, nearly all of it CW.  So it obviously is not happening at my QTH,
with my tower smack in the middle of their quarantine area, and an 80 mtr
sloper coming to within 10 feet of the ground very close to the spot where
they eat and sleep.

Fido is perfectly happy here, and so is Master!

73 - Alan NS0B