[TowerTalk] Create Rotor - Mast Slip

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Create Rotor - Mast Slip
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:03:17 -0400
> In fear of breaking my mast clamps, I'm hesitant on really torquing the
> bolts on the clamp.  The result is that the mast is continually
> slipping.  I heard of folks using some type of rubber...belt...something
> to help the clamp grab the mast.
> What type of rubber do you use if any to help hold the mast?
> 73/Greg
> K9IG

A while back someone shared about using belt material from farm equipment,
perhaps a thresher or something.  He noted that the stuff is designed for
high stress outdoor use and that he always uses it.  You might ask around a
farm equipment repair/supply shop and see what they suggest.
73, DavidC  AA1FA