[TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....
From: windev@inetmarket.com (Gerry Hull)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:45:45 -0500
Hello fellow TowerTalkian's...

After 20 years of guest-operating in contests, finally picked up 100' of Rohn 25
and am living on 5.5 acres in Southern NH. So... now I want to put up my tower,
and finally do some operating from home.

I live in a very small town (pop. < 600), in the center of town in the
"historic"
district.  Recently, our town passed a tower ordinance which prohibits towers of
any kind in the "historic" district.  A couple of years ago the New Hampshire
house
ratified PRB-1, and therefore, as I understand it,  I CAN essentially put the
tower up.

About 1.5 acres of my 5.5 are woods.  Was planning to put 80 or 90 ft up in
the woods, with only the top 15-20 feet sticking out of the trees.  The tower
would
fall no where near my house or neighbors.  I also have to please the XYL!

Another fly in the ointment is that the head of the planning board is
my next door neighbor.

So, here are the possibilities:

1> Put the tower up without contacting the town.  Let them come to me and
complain.
   Present NH house stuff and other documents if they do.  I presume I'll need
a lawyer
   if they give me a cease and desist order.  This plan scares the XYL.
2> Prepare documents (PRB-1, NH House info, Rohn specs.) and present to the
planning board. See
   what they say.  This plan scares me.

Am I going to need a lawyer?  I'm not prepared for a $10,000 legal battle.  Or,
am I worried
over nothing?

73,

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM