[TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....
From: YDDOG@aol.com (YDDOG@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:33:57 EST
You have special circumstances if its actually designated an * Historical
district * by the government. I can tell you though, that PRB 1 was more than
enough to persuade
the city of Pittsburgh to allow amateur towers.

You can read my entire zoning decision, as well as that of KC3MR's at my
website.

http://www.qsl.net/ni3i

I needed an attorney, but ARRL counsel Chris Imlay saved my attorney untold
hours of research by familiarizing him with the situation in legal terms and
faxing documents. The total legal cost to acquire a permit for my 50 foot
tower was around
a thousand dollars. It was well worth it  ,, The long and short of it was that
PRB-1 worked for me. The city would never have relented otherwise ,, I m sure.

By the way , the tower in question was in place for 8 years before it even
became
an issue. The fact that it had been up and demonstrated its structural
integrity  through many storms  while neighborhood trees were snapped like
twigs didn't hurt.

I would never PUBLICLY advise you to put it up without the permits in hand.

Best of luck .      vry 73's      De N I 3 I

                           ~ Mike ~