[TowerTalk] Hygain cinch plug corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain cinch plug corrosion
From: James.E.Brown@lrdor.usace.army.mil (Brown, James E LRDOR)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:57:47 -0800

Always put a couple layers of good electrical tape (Scotch 33) around the
connection first, then the sealer.  When its time to remove it, it is then a
simple and clean matter to take a razor knife and make a single vertical
slice through the sealer and tape.  Then just peel it off.  Not a speck
remains on the connector.  Also, there are much better sealers available
than CoaxSeal.  I quit using it years ago.  3M makes a number of butyl
rubber products, and also Steve, the reflector owner, sells Db Products
sealer by the foot.  I always also put a coat of liquid tape over the sealer
as a final step.

Jim        W4LC