[TowerTalk] Re:stainless steel guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:stainless steel guys
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:38:18 -0800

I am confused.  I thought stainless steel did not cause any kind of galvanic
action.  That is if you use a stainless steel part attached to say something
that is copper or galvanized steel you will never have a problem.  I read
comments that lead me to believe otherwise.  Again, I am confused.

I have always put a stainless steel shim stock between things like tower
legs or galvanized ground rods.  The clamp always "looked" like they were
made of copper or some such stuff.  It never really mattered since I had the
stainless steel shim in there.  Since I always glopped up the connection
with something gooey I never have seen any eating away of anything.  Just
keeping the air out of the connection may have been doing it all.

73 Jim K7SLI