[TowerTalk] coax connectors & penetrox et. al.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax connectors & penetrox et. al.
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:25:06 EST
Bill,  you should be fine with the applications you mention and no penetrox,
etc.  Just be sure you wrap all this up a good 2" or so onto the cable and if
at all possible to the mating connector and/or cable.   If you want a less
involved, neater and easier and less expensive waterproof/UV connection, we
have AMP fusion tape and  3M UV resistant tape to cover it.  Just get in touch
with me.
 A hint to TT'arians,  we often see GE clear silicone used on cables and
connectors:  nice seal on metal connectors (hard to get off) but will not
adhere properly to PVC.  It may be OK on PE but I'll know better in couple
days, we're life testing it on PE.  Cheers,   Steve Davis, K1PEK,  DAVIS RF
Co.
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ?, Heliax?, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:   Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.