[TowerTalk] R7 & TH7DX spacing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R7 & TH7DX spacing
From: Roger (Roger)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:45:52 -0600
A spacing of 10 feet should work.  You could get as close as 5 feet, but
there may be some interaction between the radials of the R7 and the TH7DX.
This probably won't affect the TH7DX any, but it may detune the R7.

I would be worried more about the wind survival of the R7 than anything
else.  At 72 feet plus, the antenna is totally exposed.  The R7, R7000,
etc. type of vertical is usually only good for about 60 MPH with no ice,
unguyed.  This is also true of our DX-77 vertical.  You won't gain much in
elevation angle by moving it from 30 feet to 72 feet, as it is already
fairly low.  However you will get more high angle lobes on the upper bands.
I would just leave it on the roof.

73 Roger WB0DGF
Telex Communications, Inc.