[TowerTalk] Defective Rohn tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Defective Rohn tower
From: notawc@juno.com (notawc@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 11:01:24 -0400

On Sat, 8 May 1999 19:11:53 -0400 thompson@mindspring.com writes:

> Tichard K5NA had this to say about Rohn:
> >
> >Rohn Tower quality seems to have suffered a lot over the past few
> years.
> >Last fall I received thirty-nine 45G tower sections that were
> shipped
> >direct from the factory. Of those thirty-nine tower sections, nine
> were
> >defective.
> >
> Tri-EX made the T-15 and T-20 in the eighties.   These could be used
> for 25
> and 45 replacements.  And 15" versus 12.5" and 20" versus 18".
> They were
> priced at Rohn prices then and the T-20 could be used in the
> "Clement"
> tower, the first rotating tower.
> Hopefully Force 12 will sell them.  What say guys??

It was my understanding that Rohn sued an/or bought out a lot of the
competition over the past 30 years or so.  Another source, particularly
one that would mate with 25/45 would be nice. Maybe made in Mexico?
Another possible product would be some sort of bearing assembly that
would allow 25G to nest inside of 45/55 and rotate using a OR-2800 or
similar.
Norm
> Dave K4JRB
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]