[TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 18:39:16 -0600
On Sun, 9 May 1999 16:34:27 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>       The problem with a crank-up is that the tower has to be partially
> extended to get a rotator in in the first place. Putting the rotator further
> down means you have to have the crank-up even FURTHER extended - not a very
> enticing situation for a tower worker.

Since I wouldn't try to service the rotor without laying the tower over,
I don't have a lot of trouble with extending the sections a little (with
support under the tower) to get access to it.  Point well taken though.

Tower moved today, now in MY back yard.  ;o)  Waitin' on the concrete to
cure...

Gary
--
Please notify me immediately if you don't receive this.