[TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 21:35:38 -0700

"Gary McDuffie, Sr." wrote:

> Thanks, Kurt.  However, I wasn't looking for increase in tower
> capability.  I was looking to unload some of the side stress of the
> short coupling to the rotor.  It would be nice to be able to transfer
> bending moment to a couple of thrust bearings, instead of one thrust
> bearing and the rotor housing.
>
> Gary

Well, now I understand what you are trying to accomplish.

I've never seen a side load rating for any of the commercial rotators, so I
don't know if
you need to make a change and if you do, what change will make your rotator
happy.

Maybe you have the info and can easily figure it out.
If you do have the info, please share it with all of us. The published spec's
don't seem
to contain this valuable information.

Good luck with the project.

--