[TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:09:09 -0500
At 10:00 AM 10/26/1999 -0700, Bob Wanderer wrote:

Thanks, Bob, and all the others that took a minute to reply to my request!

You have open my eyes to several possibilities, namely the built-in trailer
hitch!!  I would think that most any type antenna could be mounted here and
would reduce the height and windloading while in motion!  90% of my driving
is as InterState speeds so this definitely is a concern of mine.

Changing band coils, etc. would not be a problem in my case, so rather than
the expense of a remotely tuned, expensive antenna, I think that I will go
with something like the monobander setup and change coils/whips, etc. as
necessary.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Chuck  KØTVD