[TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas
From: af4mp@mindspring.com (Zyg Skrobanski)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:36:53 -0400
At 13:09 10/26/99 -0500, Chuck Sudds wrote:

>You have open my eyes to several possibilities, namely the built-in trailer
>hitch!!  I would think that most any type antenna could be mounted here and
>would reduce the height and windloading while in motion!  90% of my driving
>is as InterState speeds so this definitely is a concern of mine.
>
>Changing band coils, etc. would not be a problem in my case, so rather than
>the expense of a remotely tuned, expensive antenna, I think that I will go
>with something like the monobander setup and change coils/whips, etc. as
>necessary.

If you are concerned about the length of the antenna, and are going to
operate at output powers of 100 watts or less, then have a look at the
Comet CA-HV antenna.  It provides two band HF operation plus 6m, 2m (a new
version also has 70cm).  The HF bands are enabled by two coils attached
(one vertically and the other horizontally) at the top of a 4ft (approx)
whip.  It is low profile and will withstand high speeds easily!

I use the antenna and have had excellent results with it!

--
Zyg AF4MP
Roswell GA USA