[TowerTalk] Grounding Wire/Strip

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding Wire/Strip
From: spindoc@digital.net (Richard Spindler)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:24:37 -0400
I'll let somebody who knows something answer most of what you ask, but I
can answer your first question.  No, it is not necessary to drive ground
rods to the water table for a good ground.  I probably did not need to
do what I did in Indiana, but I knew less then than I do now.  If the
water table is high, however, like I enjoy, it is a leg up.

If your soil is like mine, mostly sand, you would probably be better off
with 10 foot rather than 8 foot ground rods, though, and several rather
than one.

You'll need better advice than mine for the rest of your inquiry,
Brother Dave.

Doc, N9AM