[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 19:52:07 -0600
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:56:12 -0600
>To: "Greg Gobleman" <k9zm@frontiernet.net>
>From: Bill Aycock <baycock@HIWAAY.NET>
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure
>
>Greg- I put in five utility type (6") anchors for my Rohn Fold-over.
(specs call for a four-way set-up) The fifth one was for a safety line used
when I tilt over the lower section.
> I used an electrical driver I rented at the local tool (Tim Allen) rental
place. They keep them for use in setting anchors for mobile homes. The
mobile home anchors are smaller than the ones I installed, and are not as
deep, but it worked for me.
>Like any powered machinery, they are dangerous. They usually have a
springloaded switch, mounted as a 'dead-man' set up. If you slip- the
switch opens.

>Good luck
>Bill-W4BSG
>
>At 04:50 PM 1/1/01 -0600, you wrote:
>>Bruce, (and others)  what are you using to put and take those screw anchors
>>out of the ground?  I have good black muck here with yellow clay at about
>>20" and blue/gray clay at about 40" and about busted my tail putting my
>>screw anchors in by hand.  Really would hate to have to take one back out.
>>
>>73
>>Greg K9ZM
>>

>>--
>>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk