[TowerTalk] Tower concerns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower concerns
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:47:13 -0500

> Seems to me that the gist of all this is that those of us who live in
> Florida or on the Gulf coast can't have an antenna larger than a rubber
> duckie on top of any reasonably tall tower.    I see all these ads for
> towers with X number of square feet of antenna at 50 mph!  What a joke.

How true ... I vividly remember a phone conversation with a tower vendor
(and regular advertiser on TowerTalk) in which I asked for 100 MPH specs
on his towers (both extended and retracted).  He completely refused to
provide the information unless I paid for a custom engineering study
(several hundred dollars for each tower I was considering)!

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK (ex-W8IK, AD8I)