[TowerTalk] G5RV or Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV or Dipoles
From: thorh@worldnet.att.net" <thorh@worldnet.att.net (Thor Hallen)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:49:03 -0800
Ted:

The G5RV will be slightly more directional toward the broadside on 40
meters than a half wave dipole by a couple of dBs. A parallel 40/75 meter
dipole will allow you to achieve low SWR on both bands without the need for
a tuner. As a bonus, the G5RV will provide good performance on 20 meters if
that is important.

- Thor Hallen K5AGE