[TowerTalk] Antenna Comparison Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Comparison Question
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 01:37:29 -0600
> I am trying to decide whether a KLM34XA will outperform a TH7DXX.

Tod,

Years ago the same question came up here locally ... After much
debate, we all agreed the TH7DXX was 3 dB(*) stronger physically.

As in no one with a TH7 had lost their 15m gain or FB or had any 15m
SWR problems show up after time ... or have to rebuild the elements,
or ... well you can fill in the blanks ...

The possible extra performance of the 34XA, seemed a minor
issue, when the antenna was on the ground for repairs and the TH7
was on the tower and working ... wait, that's more than 3 dB(*) then !

So don't just consider the electrical performance at each site, but
perhaps also keep the "what if I have to work on it" in the decision
process there.

For the humor impaired ... (*) means
<... your dB's may vary, your S-meter is just a S-uggestion meter>

73 Billy AA4NU