Fw: [TowerTalk] Tower sled systems?????????????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Tower sled systems?????????????
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:36:28 -0500
Not to say that people DON'T build their own, reread my post. I know
someone who built an airplane. I also know someone who built several
homemade, home-designed towers in excess of 100 feet.

They BOTH were engineers.  They BOTH knew what they were doing.

There also are test pilots who take enormous risks. But they are top
professionals. They also KNOW they are taking risks, and they choose to
do so. They are not the least uninformed.

Also in the past 12 months, I believe there have been reported on this
reflector 4 deaths on towers. Rather high rate for such a tiny niche
activity. The human body simply was not made for dropping unabated from
100 feet.

You DON'T have to take untoward risks or ignore current knowledge to be
an inventor.

Thomas Edison did NOT electrocute himself. He knew very well the power
he was handling.

The ball joints on my car at the time had to be assembled to the arms
with a bench press. I declined to own one for cause.

73, y'all, and may none of you, or your loved ones, ever face sudden
deceleration.

Guy Olinger
Apex, NC, USA